Image: STG International by Matt Orosz
Echoing Green’s new Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with The ZOOM Foundation, is specifically targeted for next-generation social entrepreneurs committed to working on innovations in mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
The threat of global climate change is one of the greatest humanitarian and economic challenges of our time. Echoing Green expects powerful social returns from investment in promising leaders who recognize the future impact that climate change will have on their health, communities, and economic outlook. Our interest is in considering the full spectrum of responses to the climate crisis – from innovative technology in Silicon Valley to community organizing in the developing world.
The Climate Fellowship will be awarded annually to individuals or partners who will receive:
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend
- A yearly professional development stipend
- Leadership development and networking gatherings
- Access to technical support and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization and a dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs and public service leaders, including the Echoing Green network of more than 600 Fellows working in over sixty countries all over the world.
The 2015 Fellows Are Here
The fifty-two dedicated, emerging leaders from across the globe represent the future of innovation for social impact. Go »
Subscribe for information on next year's application and selection cycle, insider tips on your pitch, and other resources for aspiring entrepreneurs: